Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU Amsterdam) offers a scholarship programme called the VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme to international students who want to study at the university full-time for a Master’s degree. The fellowship offers a monthly stipend to cover living expenses in addition to covering the program’s complete cost of tuition.
Remarkable candidates who exhibit outstanding academic and personal achievements are given the opportunity to participate in the programme, which is very competitive.
You must be an international student who is not eligible for study funding from the Dutch government and meet the admission requirements for your selected Master’s degree in order to be eligible for the VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme.
In addition to your application for admission to the university, you will also need to submit a separate application for the fellowship.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam in Netherlands
Level/Field(s) of study:
English-taught Master’s Degree Programmes offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
Non- EU/ EEA Students. Students from the countries listed here are encouraged to apply for VUFP.
Scholarship value/inclusions in VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme:
The VUFP scholarship covers the tuition fees. VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs.
The VUFP scholarship can be granted for a one or two-year Master’s programme. The scholarship will only be extended for the second year of the two-year Master’s programme if 100% of the credits of the first year have been achieved.
When applying for the VUFP scholarship, you automatically also apply for the Holland Scholarship Programme. No separate application is necessary. If granted, the HSP is a contribution towards the costs of living costs – 5.000 EUR or 10.000 EUR for one year.
Eligibility for VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme:
- • You hold a non- EU/ EEA passport and you are not eligible for the lower tuition fee.
- • You do not have the Dutch nationality.
- • You can prove your academic excellence (GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8).
- • You are conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam starting September 2023. lease note that students starting in February cannot apply and joint programmes where VU Amsterdam does not administer the admission process are excluded from VUFP.
- • The degree with which you are seeking admission has not been obtained in the Netherlands.
- • You do not need to complete a preparatory programme before the start of your Master.
Please note that you must have applied and conditionally admitted for the Master programme before you can apply for the VUFP scholarship.
Students must register for a Master’s programme in Studielink by 1 December 2022 (from 1 October 2022). Then, you must submit your VUFP application together with supporting documents in your VU dashboard before 1 February 2023 (from 1 November 2022).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application portals and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Click the official Scholarship Website to apply for VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme